Jennifer Miller Bagwell, L.C.S.W.
Phone: (954) 465-6988
|Education and Certification|
|Qualified Supervisor in the State of Florida
Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the State of Florida
|December 1997||Master of Social Work
Tulane University New Orleans, Louisiana School of Social Work
|May 1996||Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (Minor in Sociology)
Tulane University New Orleans, Louisiana
|Clinical and Supervisory Experience||October 2001 to
|Licensed Professional Fort Lauderdale, Florida/Palm Beach Gardens, FL
· Provide outpatient counseling services to children, adolescents, adults, families and couples.
· Specializing in the treatment of anxiety, mood and substance disorders, and issues pertaining to trauma and gender.
· Specializing in the treatment of eating disorders.
January 2016 to Primary Therapist Boca Raton, FL
April 2016 Treatment Partners of America
- Provide individual, group, family, and couple therapy daily.
- Ensure timely documentation of cases and complete weekly and monthly case reviews/reports.
- Refer clients to appropriate services or providers as necessary.
- Conduct assessments such as bio-psychosocial assessments, risk assessments, and suicide risk assessments, etc.
- Collaborate with clients, families, and the treatment team to develop individualized treatment plans and discharge plans.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary treatment team meetings daily.
January 2012 to Assistant Clinical Director/Clinical Coordinator Stuart, FL
July 2015 The Lukens Institute/The Lukens Group
- Provision of individual, group, couples, and family counseling in a residential, day treatment and outpatient setting.
- Therapeutic modalities included experiential techniques for intensive group therapy that focus on core issues underlying substance abuse and mental health disorders including trauma and bereavement.
- Provide individual supervision for registered mental health interns and clinical staff to ensure compliance on documentation according to DCF licensing standards of care as well as supervised quality of client’s treatment.
- Provide clinical training to clinical staff on issues including eating disorders, depression, anxiety, trauma and addiction.
- Supervise treatment planning, discharge planning, as well as daily documentation to ensure quality assurance for licensing standards as well as for insurance compliance.
|June 2000 to
|Primary Therapist Coconut Creek, Florida
Renfrew Center· Provision of individual, group, couples, and family counseling in both a residential and outpatient settings.· Provided short-term intensive therapy utilizing an eclectic therapeutic approach, and crisis intervention.· Specialized in the treatment of trauma, eating disorders, personality maladjustment, anxiety, and mood and substance abuse disorders.· Provided case management, treatment planning, liaison services with external agencies, discharge planning, and referral consultation.· Participated as professional member of multi-disciplinary team which included nursing, psychiatry, general medicine, nutrition, psychology, and other disciplines.· Clinical population included a wide range of psychological functioning, including severe forms of mental illness (i.e. psychosis, Bipolar disorder, major depression, etc.) as well as phase of life issues, identity development, and other co-morbid issues.
|February 1999 to June 2000||Substance Abuse Clinician/Domestic Violence Co-facilitator & Assessor Naples, Florida
David Lawrence Center· Conducted various ongoing substance abuse treatment groups covering a variety of recovery topics.· Co-facilitated groups for the Batterer’s Intervention Program, in which clients were court-ordered participants.· Conducted psychosocial clinical assessments rendering diagnostic impressions according to the DSM-IV nomenclature.· Served as a liaison for the court system, Department of Corrections, and Department of Children and Families.· Coordinated continuity of treatment for client transfers to different levels of care.· Completed treatment planning, discharge planning, and case coordination.
|January 1998 to February 1999||Children’s Out-patient/School-Based Clinician Immokalee, Florida
David Lawrence Center· Provided treatment services for children between ages four and seventeen in a rural, migrant community.· Treatment interventions included individual, family, and group counseling as well as diagnostic interviews and psychosocial assessments.· Specialized experience in the treatment of substance use among youth and young adults, and in the treatment of Conduct Disorder, Oppositional-Defiant Disorder, and Attention Deficit disorders.· Participated in preventative interventions for adolescents at risk for substance abuse/dependency.· Provided coordination of services between county and state agencies, as well as other community services.
Professional references are available upon request.